Dorje Shugden Trance
- This event has passed.
Within Tibetan Buddhism, there is a tradition of specially trained holy beings who take trance of enlightened deities to offer advice, blessings and instructions.
For over three decades, our founder H.E. Tsem Rinpoche consulted the Dharma Protector Dorje Shugden via many such special beings including the Ven. Choyang Duldzin Oracle of Gaden Monastery, and in more recent times, the Ven. 7th Panglung Oracle of Sera Monastery.
Since Rinpoche entered parinirvana in 2019, we have continued this tradition of consulting Dorje Shugden via the Panglung Oracle for guidance on important decisions for Kechara’s growth and future. This includes precious advice on how to purify our karma and collect merits, to fuel the search for the reincarnation of our beloved spiritual guide.
The Panglung Oracles
The Panglung line of oracles is renowned for their incredibly accurate trances of Dharma Protectors such as Dorje Shugden and Kache Marpo. It was the previous 6th Panglung Oracle who, in trance of Dorje Shugden, guided H.H. the Dalai Lama to leave Tibet for safety in exile in India.
The current 7th Panglung Oracle inherited this ability from his father, and was directly trained by the holiest of holy teachers, H.H. Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche.
- Oct 5, 2022 (Wed)
- 9.00 am – 12.00 pm
- Wisdom Hall, Kechara Forest Retreat
- Free admission. Registration required.
The trance is open to registered guests only, and Kechara Forest Retreat will be closed to walk-in visitors on the day.
- Registration for members (priority seats) opens 29 Sept, 9.00 am (GMT +8). Members will receive the link to the registration portal via email and the Kechara member app.
- Registration for the general public opens 1 Oct, 9.00 am (GMT +8). The link to the registration portal will be published in the Kecharians & Friends Facebook group.
All attendees will also receive some blessed protector rice and a protector string to bring home.
- Seating is limited and registration closes once all seats are taken up. Register early to avoid disappointment, and have your Kechara membership number ready if you are registering for a priority member seat.
- Priority member seating is for Kechara members only. Please ensure your membership is valid and renewed to avoid disappointment. Member seats are not transferable to non-members.
- Each Kechara member is entitled to one priority member seat only. If you have non-members in your party (e.g. children) and you want to sit together, please register for the public seats instead.
- Seating is first come first served. Doors open at 6.30 am so please come early to get a good seat.
- Have your tickets ready for inspection. All guests must show a valid ticket before you can enter the parking area. Unregistered visitors will be asked to leave the premises.
- Duplicate tickets will be rejected. To avoid disappointment, don’t share your ticket details with anyone.
- Parking spaces are limited. We suggest that you carpool where possible to avoid congestion.
- Wear comfortable shoes. It takes 10-15 minutes to walk from the parking area to the registration counter and Wisdom Hall, so comfortable footwear is essential.
- Don’t be late. Entry to Kechara Forest Retreat closes at 8.30 am, and Wisdom Hall doors close at 8.50 am. Latecomers will be denied entry, so come early to avoid disappointment.
- Recording devices are not allowed. A bag check will be conducted at the entrance and you are required to surrender your phones, tablets, cameras and other recording devices at the registration counter. Alternatively, you may opt to leave your devices in your car.
- Print out your ticket for quicker processing. This will also allow you to leave your phone in your car instead of checking it in at the registration counter.
- There will be no individual blessing. A trance exerts tremendous strain on the oracle’s body, and the Ven. Panglung Oracle is advancing in age. To reduce the duration of the trance, a general blessing will be done for all guests instead. If you wish to request an individual blessing due to serious/terminal illness or old age (> 70 years old), you can apply via wa.me/60103020999 with details of your condition.
- There will be no blessing of personal items. Again, this is due to limitations of time and strain on the oracle’s body.
- Children are allowed to attend the trance. If you require a seat for your child, they must have a valid ticket. Noisy children will be asked to leave the hall.
- Observe the dress code. Please wear below-the-knee trousers, skirts, dresses, long-loose tops, t-shirts, shirts, etc. No tight-fitting, see-through, revealing attire.