Pets Day Out: Medicine Buddha Puja for Pets
- This event has passed.
Join us on Sunday, 10th September 2023 for a blessed healing puja dedicated to your beloved furkids. Held in place of September’s Pets Day Out, this will be our first pet puja where every member of your family — two and four-legged – are welcome!
It is a wonderful opportunity for your furbabies to be blessed by the Supreme Healer Medicine Buddha — for their good health, long and happy life, and swift recovery from illness.
Pawrents can also chant Medicine Buddha’s mantra during the puja for increased blessings — as YOU have the most direct karmic connection with your pet.
We encourage you to attend in person as your pets will have the chance to receive an individual blessing during the puja.
Benefits for furkids and pawrents
- Heals illness and disease
- Extends life
- Increases pawsitivity
- Helps with accurate diagnosis
- Increases the effectiveness of medicines and medical treatments
- Enhances the work of doctors, vets, nurses and healers
- Purifies negative body karma
- Creates causes for favourable future rebirths
How to join
Admission to the puja is free and all pets are welcome to attend. Dedicated outdoor seating is available for furkids and pawrents. Please RSVP your attendance here as space is limited.
How to contribute
You can contribute towards the puja via our Animal Care fund. Your donation will help us with the cost of:
- Prayer offerings
- Food and travel for visiting monks
- Care of rescued animals in Kechara Forest Retreat
- Temple upkeep and overheads
If you are attending in person, you can offer kuyong (a token monetary offering) to the Sangha who will be conducting the puja.
- Please dress respectfully as we are a temple. No shorts, singlets, tight-fitting, see-through or revealing attire.
- Outside food is not allowed. Hooman food and drinks are available on the day. You can bring food/snacks for your furkids.
- You may wish to bring along a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen & mosquito repellant to protect from the elements.
- To ensure the health and safety of all pets, we recommend that your pet is vaccinated and on flea/tick prevention treatments.
- Throughout your visit, we ask that you and your furkids observe our pet-friendly house rules.
House Rules for a Better Pet-Friendly Experience
🐾 Use dedicated pet toilet
- Pets are only allowed to relieve themselves at the designated pet toilet areas.
- Upon arrival, please bring your pet to the designated pet toilet first before continuing to enjoy our grounds and facilities.
- Please pick up after your pet and dispose pet waste in the designated waste bins.
- While on the premises, please ensure your pets are wearing diapers if they are not toilet trained.
🐾 Leash your pet
- Please keep your pet leashed (except in off-leash area) and accompanied by human owner at all times.
- Your pet should be friendly and comfortable with humans and other pets.
🐾 Keep to designated pet-friendly areas
- For hygiene purposes, only outdoor areas are pet-friendly.
🐾 No pets on public furniture
- Please keep your pets on the floor or inside your pet stroller/carrier.
🐾 No excessive noise or nuisance
- Be considerate of other guests, pets and pet owners.
- If your pet seems uncomfortable, please take your pet for a walk or for some quiet time.
🐾 BYO food
- Please bring food/snacks for your pet if required.
- Water and water bowls are available on site.
🐾 Pet marshall
To ensure hygiene and safety measures are met, our pet marshalls may impose the following to ensure rules are followed.
- Penalty between RM10 – RM50
- Insist pet and pet owner leave the premises
All penalties received will be donated towards our animal welfare projects.
Animal Rescue Activities
Our founder, H.E. Tsem Rinpoche was known for his love of animals. When Rinpoche conceptualised of Kechara Forest Retreat, it was meant to be as much a sanctuary for animals as it was for people.
In particular, our Aviary provides a new lease of life for birds rescued from abuse, neglect and a life in captivity. Today, it is home to over 40 birds including Sulphur-crested White Cockatoos, Cockatiels, African Greys, and Budgies.
Do visit our Aviary and say hello to our feathered friends during your trip to Kechara Forest Retreat.
PARTICIPATION IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. BY PARTICIPATING, YOU AGREE AND ACCEPT THAT KECHARA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES WHICH MAY BEFALL YOU, YOUR DEPENDANTS, YOUR PROPERTY AND/OR YOUR PETS.