- Performing blessing rituals
a. Baby blessing
b. Vehicle blessing
c. Holy items blessing (including statues, tsa-tsa, Buddha images)
- Performing prayer sessions for bereavement or terminally ill cases (for members and their immediate families only)
- Giving refuge vows/lay precepts (will be given in the future)
- Marriage registration/solemnizing
- Encourage Kechara members to acquire knowledge through study, and contemplation of dharma and putting it into practice.
- Conducting Dharma classes at Kechara House and Sunday Service.
- Provide supplementary talks when requested by any department or during special events such as Orientation Day, Retreats or Refuge Taking.
- Attend to online questions raised by the public via the “Ask the Pastors” section in Rinpoche’s blog.
- Provide counseling services by appointment.
- Represent Rinpoche/Kechara (when Rinpoche is not attending) to give speech and/or lead prayers for:
a. Media interviews
b. Special events/functions including Wesak Day/Retreats/Rinpoche’s birthday and etc
- Supervise rituals and ensure proper conduct of puja team members.
- Conduct/co-conduct weekly puja sessions at Kechara.
- Give talks on pujas for newbies whenever requested by puja heads.
- Outreach programs – to organize study programs for college/university Buddhist societies in collaboration with the college/university authorities.
- Give support and guidance to Kechara study groups in Shanghai, Ipoh, Melaka, Kuantan, Johor Bahru.
For further enquiries or to make an appointment with a Kechara Pastor, kindly contact May Ong at email@example.com or call +6012 388 8589.
For more information on the Pastors click here.