Special Naga Puja
- This event has passed.
Nagas are powerful beings with the ability to control the weather, increase fertility, and bring good fortune, wealth and positivity. However, they are sensitive and when offended, they can inflict diseases, create obstacles and natural disasters. In particular, many cancers, skin-related conditions and family problems arise due to us knowingly or unknowingly offending a naga.
Hence it is wise to participate in naga pujas whenever the opportunity arises to please and appease the nagas.
The Special Naga Puja for Healing, Wellness and Peace is a combination of four naga-related pujas – naga torma ritual, naga incense ritual, naga recitation ritual and 100 tormas offering ritual. When done correctly, these pujas can increase your health, wealth, fame, merits, resources, peace, prosperity and spiritual growth.
Lutor (naga torma ritual) is a complex ritual during which abundant ritual cakes are offered to the nagas in an elaborate representation of a naga abode
Lusang (naga incense ritual) involves burning a special mixture of incense, healing herbs and medicines and offering the fragrant smoke to the nagas.
Lubum and Lui Pangkong (naga recitation rituals) are effective for activating the benefits of naga-related pujas.
Torma Gyatsa is an extensive 100-torma offering to the Three Jewels including the wealth deities and Dharma protectors, and to all sentient beings in the six realms.
These pujas will be conducted by visiting Sangha from Shar Gaden, Serpom, Phelgyeling and Segyu monasteries, and led by His Eminence Kensur Rinpoche Jetsun Lobsang Phende and other high lamas and esteemed geshes.
Benefits for sponsors and attendees
- Appeases nagas that we may have offended and pacifies their attacks
- Pleases nagas in the vicinity and gains their assistance for success in business, work and life
- Heals illnesses caused by nagas such as cancer, strokes, fits, skin problems and contagious diseases
- Attracts and increases wealth, fame, business, luck and resources
- Enhances fertility and positivity
- Brings good weather
- Increases peace, happiness and harmony in the environment
- Pacifies obstacles and natural disasters caused by nagas
- Prevents accidents and calamities when done prior to disturbing the earth, particularly for construction and development projects
- Generates merits to accomplish spiritual practices and realisations
Furthermore, these naga pujas are part of what Dorje Shugden recommended for all Kecharians, to clear outer and inner obstacles for the fruition of our Dharma projects and for the success of our efforts to preserve our lineage and H.E. Tsem Rinpoche’s legacy.
How you can participate
Admission to the puja is free and all are welcome to attend. You are encouraged to attend this potent puja in person for maximum effectiveness.
If you are attending, you may wish to offer kuyong (a token monetary offering) to the Sangha who will be conducting the puja.
To ensure we have enough seating for all guests, please RSVP your attendance here.
Important Notes on Naga Diet
Puja attendees should observe a naga diet for seven (7) days prior to the puja, and on the puja day itself. This is a strict vegetarian diet, which includes refraining from:
- Black foods (onion, garlic, meat, fish, eggs, radishes, alcohol)
- Strong smelling foods (durians, etc.)
You should also observe a high level of personal hygiene on the day of the puja.
How you can contribute
We seek your kind sponsorship to cover the costs of this and other pujas held in conjunction with Tsem Rinpoche’s Parinirvana Anniversary and Relic Stupa consecration ceremony.
- Ordinary sponsor: RM30
- Special sponsor: RM150
- Bronze sponsor: RM300
- Silver sponsor: RM750
- Gold sponsor: RM1,500
- Diamond sponsor: RM3,000
- Grand sponsor: RM5,000
Most pujas will be performed in Kechara Forest Retreat from mid-August to mid-October 2022. Your donation will help us with the cost of:
- Puja offerings
- Ritual substances
- Food and travel for visiting Sangha
- Temple upkeep and overheads
Donate online to the Tsem Rinpoche Parinirvana Anniversary Fund at VajraSecrets.com or WhatsApp us at wa.me/60103020999. Any amount is welcome and deeply appreciated.