As parents, we can do more other than just fulfilling their basic material needs for food, shelter, education and clothing alone. We can also provide Dharma, which is the best gift that we can provide to our children so that they know how to be prepared for adult life and beyond.
Our Tots to Teens Class aims to educate children on learning and applying Dharma principles, so they have a spiritual foundation and be guided by the Three Jewels when they are grown up. All of us wish that our children to grow up to become good people; to develop kindness and compassion for others, and be a shining light to benefit many.
At Kechara, three types of classes are available, simultaneously for children according to their age group:
- Tiny tots class: age 5 – 8
- Children’s class: age 9 – 12
- Teenager’s class: age 13 – 17
This is a general outline of our Sunday programme:
1. All children gather to do the following activities together:
- Daily prayer with mantra recitation (to Lord Manjushri, Buddha of Wisdom)
- Three point breathing meditation
2. The children will then be divided into the following groups:
- Tiny tots class: emphasizes on making learning and sharing a fun activity for tiny tots, and to help them feel more comfortable to socialize with new friends. A day in tiny tot’s class covers story-telling, arts/crafts and Jataka Tales.
- Children’s class: adopts a variety of methods such as games, memory verses, arts and crafts, dharma activities, and sharing to cater to different learning style of the children. This one of the approach to impart basic Dharma knowledge to equip children of with good moral values that will be useful for their future.
- Teenager’s class: this class is designed to be more interactive and fun to cater to teenagers. Dharma principles and logic are taught with more depth using materials obtained from social media (e.g. youtube, websites), world news, and current trends. We also have fun activities such as role play as well as presentations by students and games.
3. Children gather back again for a singing session
4. Group dedication prayers
Kechara charges a minimal fee to cover the cost of educational materials, as well as to contribute towards the operational expenses of the Dharma center.
- RM50 per child per term (KH members)
- RM100 per child per term (non-members)
For more information regarding MKC or to volunteer as a teacher or to sponsor any of the activities, please contact Michelle Tan at +6012 250 0880 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parents are encouraged to come and check out the activities we have for the children, and come to see how much fun the kids are having with us in the good care of Kecharians.
Give your children the opportunity to connect with Dharma at an early age, by doing so you give them the key to success in life, which is the best gift ever while having a good time and making new friends.