The Kechara Forest Retreat welcomes people from all walks of life to visit and practice. Away from the hustle and bustle of the city, it will feature various facilities and buildings designed to serve those who visit, and those who come seeking spiritual solace and growth.
- A Shakyamuni Chapel which can seat 700 people.
- A Vajrayogini Stupa where practitioners can circumambulate.
- A butterlamp house where the public can make light offerings to the Buddhas. Forest Walks where people can enjoy nature.
- An aviary for rescued birds. An organic vegetable garden where the public can learn on how to grow vegetables in their own homes.
- A candle-making factory where we will produce our own candles for our butterlamp house and people can also learn how to make their own candles.
- Circumambulation paths where practitioners can circumambulate and do walking meditations.
- Walking Meditation Paths for the serious practitioners.
- Dormitory and retreat houses for students/practitioners and classrooms Buddha statues strategically placed around the land to bless the surroundings and animals.
- A canteen to cater to the culinary needs of the public. A gift shop where people can purchase souvenirs for family and friends.
- Private quarters for Rinpoche and his assistants, otherwise known as a Ladrang.
Disclaimer: The facilities above may change as the planning is still ongoing. We may have more or new facilities while the project is in progress.