Kechara Media and Publications Sdn Bhd (KMP) is a publishing house based in Malaysia under the spiritual direction of His Eminence Tsem Rinpoche, a Tibetan Lama from the illustrious 600-year-old Gaden Monastic University. First established in 2005 by a group of young and dedicated students, KMP’s vision is to bring the ancient wisdom of Buddhist teachings into the context of contemporary living.
KMP caters to diverse market segments with a variety of products which are universally appealing. Starting with the first English title Why I Make Myself Unhappy, published in 2005, KMP has since produced a wide range of English and Chinese books, DVDs and box sets by H.E. Tsem Rinpoche and selected authors.
Our brand of modern spirituality encourages the pursuit of a spiritual path without having to compromise one’s lifestyle or religious and cultural background. It empowers individuals to achieve inner peace and personal development through easily applicable principles for daily practice. H.E. Tsem Rinpoche’s unique approach brings the Buddha’s ancient wisdom to our very doorsteps.
KMP, with a committed core team, is continuously researching new enabling technologies, applications on the Internet and other platforms of new media to make our products universally accessible. This includes an upcoming range of e-books, as well as e-learning and multimedia downloads. KMP products can be found in all Kechara Paradise outlets, leading bookstores in Malaysia and Indonesia, and online at VajraSecrets.com and Amazon.com.
Coverage in Malaysian Dailies, Magazines and Television
- Feature (Feminine magazine, 20th November ‘06)
- 3-day Feature (Nanyang Siang Pau, 13th – 15th March ’07)
- Be Greedy Book Review (Nanyang Siang Pau, 29th March ’07)
- Special News section (Singapore Lianhe Wanbao, 30th May ‘07)
- Cover Story, Starmag (The Star, 3rd June ‘07)
- If Not Now, When? Book Review (The Star, 23rd March ‘08)
- Body Mind and Soul section (The Star, 8th April ‘08)
- Feature (Feminine magazine, 10th April ‘08)
- The Breakfast Show (NTV7 Malaysia, April ’08)
- If Not Now, When? Book Review (Clive Magazine, 1st July ‘08)
- From Couture to Book (The New Sunday Times, 4th March ‘09)
- Spirituality Made Fashionable (Special Weekly magazine, 23rd March ‘09)
- Eric Choong is ‘In Full Bloom’ (Guang Ming Daily, 29th May ‘09)
- PEACE Book Review (The Malay Mail, 11th January ’10)
- If Not Now, When Book Review (Emmagem.com, 19th January ’10)
- If Not Now, When Book Review (The Sun, 22nd January ’10)
- Take Some “Time Out” (Time Out KL, 28th March ’10)
- The Time is Now for Inspirational Reads (The Star, 30th March ’10)
- Princely Monk (The Star, 13 July 2012)
- If Not Now When? (The Sun, January 2013)